Thursday, November 29, 2007








So, here I am, in Mexico, working on a couple of different things. First off, I am rewriting the fourth of the Across Time manuscripts, which involves using the cool little 12 inch laptop I bought at BestBuy. It's an Everex, a no-name brand, but it is awesome! I highly recommend it for anyone who travels or takes their laptop everywhere they go. It's well under 4 pounds, has a clear, sharp monitor, comes with Vista, a Gig RAM, and Wifi all for 500.00. Don't turn your nose up at the no-name brands...Dell used to be there and look where it is now!

Anyway, the second thing I'm working on is writing the fifth of the series, tentatively called Time Flies. I write my first draft longhand with a fountain pen. I know it's weird, but I like the kinesthestic feeling of writing. Typing, to me, is too sterile. I need ink! I also need to be able to do it ANYWHERE, and with laptops, that is not always possible.

Okay, the truth is...I'm a totally geek and I love fountain pens. Must be a past life thing.
So, I'm out by the pool or at the beach during the day, working on #5, and at night, on the veranda, working on #4 at the laptop. It's seriously fun. I do manage to get some reading in while I'm at it, but these trips for me are all about writing, writing, and more writing!
I have just completed the novel The Thirteen Tale...OMG....a MUST read! Fantastic from beginning to end. I am inspired, and that's what a grwat book should do for you. It should be awe-inspiring.
Speaking of which, the 84 degree weather, the military macaw parrots, and this pina colada are pretty damn awe-inspiring right now...I better go. Time to smell the roses (or, as the case may be, the gardenians!)

Lesson #5 Take time to smell the roses...everyone needs to recharge their batteries. I just happen to recharge mine using solar power!

Uh oh...here comes Maria for my daily massage...

Remember what I said earlier about choices? Well, I saw an affirmation at the airport that said, A good wish changes nothing.
A good decision changes everything.
Food for thought.
:)



No comments: